Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Make Room for Stuffing


On the eve of National Overeating Day, there was surprisingly little to do. When you think about it, pretty much everything from cooking the turkey to the mashed potatoes has to wait until the actual day.

Not the pies, though. I had to make the pies. Considering I only make pie once a year on average, I was OK with the result. My biggest concern was not burning the crust. And I didn't! But since I was squeezing my Martha Stewart project in after work and before kickboxing, I think I shortchanged the baking cycle a bit. I'm hoping they'll taste OK tomorrow. If not, just add more whipped cream!

I actually got out of work a little bit early and timed it – I thought – to when Carter was getting home for the weekend. Just like last time, though, he wasted no time hopping in his car and going off to see friends. So I just missed him. Now it's 9:30 p.m. and I still haven't seen him yet. I have to keep reminding myself that when I was home from college a hundred years ago, spending time with my parents was not high on the list. It's just typical. Remind me of that when I forget!

Since I was home alone, I got the pies done and went to kickboxing class. Our fitness instructor called it the "Annual Make Room For Stuffing" class. If we burned enough calories, we could eat guilt-free on Thanksgiving! And we did. Definitely burned some calories!

I don't know if it will be enough to compensate for the turkey, my mother-in-law's amazing dressing and whipped cream, er, pie. But I definitely made room for it.

Bring on the self-induced coma. Right?




No comments: