Sunday, November 13, 2016

Could Be Worse...

My twin and I enjoyed a brisk 3-mile walk this morning before she headed back Up North and Tony and I went to church. Our pace was brisk mainly because the air and breeze were, too. Brisk and crisp like a typical autumn morn, I guess.

At least it was sunny. And at least we didn't have this....

Yep, they woke up to snow in Germany this morning. Lukas' grandmother Renate shared some pictures of the first snowfall of the season, which, judging by the pretty leaves on the tree, came early. B-r-r-r. So not ready for that!

That did prompt me to enjoy the great outdoors as much as possible today. Since the temperature creeped up to about 60, I got another walk in in the afternoon with my friend Cindy and 4-legged boyfriend Buddy.

Since the Vikings AND Packers were playing like crap, there was no sense hanging around the TV, so I put the leaf blower to work on the white rock garden out in front. Every time we think we've had our "last nice day to get things done," we get one more. Hopefully we do get one more again because I blew the leaves off the rocks but didn't get the leaves raked up and cleared away.

Wasn't that ambitious. Plus Sunday is a day of rest, right? And, truth be told, with the snow pictures on my mind, I had to make sure I got in the house and set the DVR to record some more Hallmark Christmas movies.

I will just keep reminding myself that it could be worse... I could be watching the snowfall on the TV AND out the window at the same time.

Instead I am just watching the Vikings' winning percentage fall... and, believe me, that will get worse.


No comments: