Wednesday, November 16, 2016

I Like Big Bucks and I Cannot Lie...

If you don't break out singing Baby Got Back, then you missed a heckuva good time at dance clubs in the early '90s. (And it has nothing to do with today's blog, other than my typical play on words.)


Was a super foggy morning in central Wisconsin today. On my commute, I almost snagged quite the stag.

This dude was standing in someone's front yard, probably counting on the fog cover to disguise him. Took me a few seconds to see him. I couldn't grab my phone out of my purse fast enough to snap a good photo. I was just grateful he stopped at the Deer Crossing sign and crossed the road after my vehicle had gone by.

I don't know a thing about deer hunting, but I am pretty sure there are a lotta hunters out there who would love a shot at this guy. This close encounter was at Griffith Avenue and 48th Street, one of the busier intersections in the town of Grand Rapids. Not exactly ideal hunting grounds with houses on 3 of the 4 corners there!

But onto the real big bucks I like...

Did you now tonight's Powerball jackpot is some $293 million? That's some big bucks!

I mentioned it at work and a group of us in our department decided to go in on some tickets. Might as well. Even with the $185 million cash payout, we'd each get around $5.5 million after taxes. That's just my rough estimate. Not that I've given this much thought.

Right.

I know God will never let me win a jackpot that large. Almost $300 million? No way. But I think he has faith I could responsibly handle $5.5 million. So I have a better chance going in on a group buy.

Right.

The reality is that I have a better chance getting that 10-pointer (without a gun) than winning anything. But you can't win if you don't play. I'm sure you'll be one of the first to know if my LIKE for big bucks turns into LOVE.


No comments: