Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November... We Know What's In Store

November 1st... hmmm... while hubby got up to go to 7 a.m. church for All Saints Day, I was thinking about how I will never be close to a saint. Maybe if it fell on November 25th I'd be more optimistic, but the day after Halloween? You know the reality...


Hey, we only had 5 trick-or-treaters so there are a few leftovers. PLUS Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are a good source of protein to kickstart the day!

This is my sad new empty-nester reality. I do not have Carter's Halloween haul to pick through. If I would have thought it through, I would have bought larger Reese's, some Twix and Snickers, too, to pass out to our gaggles of goblins. I was trying to be good, though. Trying so hard...


This is still the reality, though, because parents everywhere are trying not to eat those leftovers at home and, instead, bringing them to work for their CWWWs (co-workers without willpower). So yes, maybe I did have a few mini treats and there-in lies the danger of the seasonal segue.


You KNOW that November 1st also means we segue right into Christmas, typically even bypassing Thanksgiving hype. Yes, I admit I already DVR'd three Hallmark Christmas Movies over the weekend. It's not my fault they kicked off their sappy season already!


And Wal-Mart was quick to the punch, too. Pretty ornaments and poinsettias now line shelves where scary masks and plastic pumpkins sat yesterday. With a 50% clearance on Halloween items, those other shelves will likely be emptied by the end of today and there will be season's greetings to customers by tomorrow.

Let's also remember a few other important things in store this month...

It's No-Shave November so the winter fur on my legs can now commence to growing.

It's considered the Gratitude Month as it leads up the Thanksgiving. I thank God for my blessings every day but pay even more attention to them now.

In writing circles, it's also National Novel Writing Month, or as we say, NaNoWriMo. The challenge each November is to write a complete novel from beginning to end in one month, forcing yourself to write a couple thousand words a day. I've often thought of doing this, but haven't been in a position before where I could commit the time.

Heck. If I don't have time to shave my legs, how could I write a book? I am grateful I don't HAVE to do either this month, but likely will make some efforts at both.

Happy November!


No comments: