Monday, December 18, 2017

A Trifle Much? Never



I introduced my new co-workers to my trifle bowl today. As always, it's imperative I take a "before" picture because it's impossible to tell what can happen on a 30-minute commute. Slam on the brakes once for a deer and the beautiful creation is mush.

That is also what happens after the first spoon digs in. It transitions quickly from art to treat status.

Since I've been editing and proofing a lot of menus lately for our company's two restaurants, I came up with a description for this creation...

Chocolate Candy Cane Trifle: Delicious layers of crumbled chocolate cake with a hint of peppermint, white chocolate pudding, delicately crushed Milano chocolate peppermint cookies, and extra creamy non-dairy whipped topping.

Yep. I know you want some. Just not enough left over to share. I am licking the bottom of the bowl as we speak.

What... the festive 15 has to start somewhere.

No comments: