Saturday, December 2, 2017

Seasonal Slacking

I had every intention of getting some things done today. Only one item on the calendar and every other "plan" was optional.

Figured I'd get my chores done, get the tree up and even decorate outside since it was a balmy 40 degrees. Instead, I got a dozen or so presents wrapped for the boys while listening to Christmas music.

And that's it. Seriously, nothing else to add!

Went to a 2-plus hour winter song and dance recital this afternoon. Got to see my talented girl Megan (who goes to our church and performed with the KIDS from Wisconsin this summer). She did a crazy amazing job dancing and singing. Her trio of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was beautiful. Her solo of O, Holy Night at the end brought me to tears. So very, very beautiful.


So very, very proud of her!! 

After the show, I quickly got my car washed at Kwik Trip since it was still mild out and it needed it – and surprisingly, there was no line. Then stopped at our friends' tree lot next door to it. Visited with Carter's old babysitters Jon and Audrey for a bit and figured I better get home and do something.

Like, I don't know, watch the Badger football game. Oh yes, I just cruised through the productivity today. I won't feel guilty. There is some required seasonal slacking now and then.

Though I can't relax the way this football game is going! Can you?

No comments: