Friday, December 22, 2017

Plowing Through Friday


The calendar and Old Man Winter are perfectly in sync. Dang.

Granted, we only got 3 inches or so of snow overnight, but it was just enough for a slippery drive to work – even with the large number of plows and sand and salt trucks out. Was much better already when I left work after a half day to enjoy my 4-hour Christmas Eve holiday.

And that was good. Because I had a lot of activities to plow through today.

First, although I missed the annual Golden Mass at Assumption, I made it to the post-Mass potluck at a local establishment. Swung home and picked up hubby and my crockpot full of cheesy potatoes. Had a fun afternoon eating, eating, and visiting with my friends Christine and Mike and their families plus a few extra friends.

Then I had some photos to shoot at Lincoln High School, where Stevens Point (SPASH) was visiting for a hoops double-header. This has been on my calendar for a few months since my friend Brian (who worked with Jim and I at Iola and in the newspaper days) has a daughter who plays for SPASH and we knew we could get together when they came to town.

As the date neared, I remembered one of our girls at church plays JV for Rapids. So I went to that game at 4:15 first and got pictures of Abby. Then I went home, hoping to catch a glimpse of College Boy. But that came much later.

Went back to school for the girls varsity game. Sat with Brian and his wife, Brenda, and caught up on lives and work. And really enjoyed watching their daughter Leah play. She is a sophomore but was a starter already last year as a freshman. She is that good. Right now she is in the top 5 scorers for the conference, averaging more than 17 points per game. Tonight, since SPASH had such a commanding lead, the starters got to rest much of the second half.

Still, I got some decent pictures of her amazing vertical leap!

As an added bonus, I got to see my girl Emily (I took her senior pictures this fall) perform with the high school dance team. Good thing I had my camera for that, too!


Naturally, the biggest bonus was having Carter stop home between social engagements so I could get a hug or two! We get him for a month or close to it, so I won't begrudge him his time with friends. We got dibbs on Sunday and Monday.

Now he's out with friends and I am done uploading dozens of photos. I think it's time for bed.

Old Man Winter, you can take a break, too.

No comments: