Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Wind Power


We're a fan of white noise in our house. Well, to sleep anyway. When it's summer, we have a fan going. Not necessarily pointing at us. Just going for light noise. In the winter, which we haven't quite got to yet, we use a vaporizer to accomplish the same thing.

So last night, instead of waking to a loud noise, we awoke to the sound of silence.

Oh, and darkness.

Ironically, as we used our battery-operated cell phones to call in the power outage, our weather apps were telling us about wind advisories. No kidding. Not sure if a tree fell on a line somewhere or what happened. It has been lightning and thundering earlier in the evening, too. In the end, we were without power for almost 2 1/2 hours.

Without power. And without sleep.

Just couldn't fall asleep for anything. And I am never up at that time so I don't know why. Other than worrying that power wouldn't be restored so I wouldn't be able to open the garage in the morning. And more importantly, use a hair dryer and curling iron. Uff da. Major crisis averted.

So yes, the temps dropped from a mild 60 degrees yesterday to the teens and single digits today, thanks to the wind.

And my energy level dropped right with it. Time for bed for some catch-up ZZZs.

I guess you could say I am winded.

(Yes, I did go there.)

No comments: