Friday, December 1, 2017

Purple Pride U


At the end of my first week of work, there was an anonymous note on my desk that simply said, "Too much purple."

It just happened that my two purple Carter beanie bears matched the purple Kleenex box and purple-handled scissors. It wasn't completely intentional.

Well, yes. It was.

I had a hard time tracking down the culprit and it ended up being my boss. My new boss. Thankfully, he was a Packer fan trying to be funny. He said, "I'm just going to pretend you're a big Pointer fan." The colors for UW-Stevens Point Pointers are purple and yellow.

So today when I showed up to work with my purple Chucks on feet and a purple pullover jacket, I had to assure the masses that it was not for the Vikings or the Pointers (no yellow in sight), but for the St. Thomas women's basketball team playing at UW-SP after work. One of Carter's dear friends plays for the Tommies so we wanted to catch her in action since she was close by.

I met hubby at the game – along with an Olivia fan club of some 50 people. Not exaggerating. As the picture shows, my purple Chucks were right at home in the Pointer gym!

She is not a starter, but she did play enough to get one foul and one basket. It all balances out! As a bonus, of course, the Tommies won, 78-54. That was fun to watch and great to see Olivia. And I got lots of decent pictures for Mom and Dad.

She had to hop on the bus and back to the Twin Cities for a game tomorrow. Some of us went out to celebrate with a fish fry at The Ridges. It's what we do in Wisconsin.

That, and wear purple. Some of us, anyway.

No comments: