Sunday, December 24, 2017

All is Calm, All is Bright

 
With all the hustle and bustle leading up to Christmas Eve, it is nice when it gets here and you can finally just relax, celebrate the reason for the season – hopefully among loved ones.

It's kind of weird having Christmas on a Sunday. Hubby, who is Catholic, had "normal" church today and will have Christmas mass tomorrow. My Lutheran church had three "Christmas Eve" services today at 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Carter and I went to the 1 p.m. service since I had to sing in choir.

Seemed like such a short performance doing two songs after extra-long songs for the cantata two weeks ago. I survived just fine. The service ended with the lights dimmed and the congregation singing Silent Night by candlelight.


Even with hot wax dripping on my fingers, it was still a special moment!

Got home and we all headed into town together to celebrate Christmas at Jim's parents'. Had dinner with them, his sister and her family, plus the very well-dressed Casey, Clay and Clay's girlfriend. (Did someone say SKOL?)

Full house. And full tummies.

Took our annual cousins picture in front of Grandma's curtains. The 4 C's ... Colin, Casey, Clayton and Carter. See what I mean about Purple Pride? Nice.

Feeling super blessed to see them all and see some of them tomorrow, too, after Santa drops by.

Better get to bed, boys and girls, or he'll fly right by. And I really want my Reese's Peanut Butter Tree!


No comments: