Sunday, December 17, 2017

Christmas is for Kids ... of All Ages

I love that Christmas is for kids. Whether it's our inner child or actual little ones in our lives.

Yesterday was a special family Christmas celebration because, well, it's my family. Plus, I finally got to meet our newest member...

My great-nephew Hans who is my niece Beth's first-born. He's a charming 3-month-old who likes to smile and sleep. Of course, it was also a pleasure to see two of my other great-nephews and a great-niece. The energy of little ones running around sure bring life to the party!

A 4-generation picture with Beth, Great-Grandma Hedberg, Hans and Grandma Nell.
This was the first time going to Hedberg Christmas without Carter along. But College Boy has finals this week so it wouldn't have made sense to drag him away. My number one bonus boy Casey made it, though, driving up from the Cities. That was very sweet!

Since the weather was decent, I took some photos of my siblings and/or their families. Just for giggles.

Rayna and Paul

Zach, Liana and Rachel – who co-hosted with Rayna and Paul this year, holding the event at Skonewood, just up the road from Mom's.
Tom and Renell: Take one.

"Tom, take your hat off!"

Tom and Renell: Take two.

My niece Caryn and great-nephew Anthony.

Nephew David and brother Ron

Rick (birthday boy), Romey and Eric

Ken and RoAnn with Travis and his fiance Karen.

Steve and Raylene

Steve and Raylene again ... with Ashley this time. Tony had to work so he did not make it up with us.

Since I had the camera set up, I got one of hubby and me.

 And me and my other better half!

 Later, after eating and the program, we tried our usual picture of Mom with the 8 R's....

By coincidence, we all dressed in red and black or gray. Not Renell, though. She wore her ugly Christmas sweater! This picture looks like we are staring at her in disgust and Mom is shaking her head in shame. I'm sure that's not the case, is it?

And after 23 takes – because we ARE children, after all – we finally got one with all of us smiling AND looking at the same camera.

We wrapped up the day, well evening, with more eating and games. Hubby and I stayed at the 5-star Luck Country Inn and came back today. Got home in time for most of the Vikings win and clinching of the division! In case you missed that.

Then it was freelance work to do and few other projects. And the night highlighted by a phone call from College Boy, thanking us for the finals survival kit.

Oh, it's good to be a kid, isn't it?

No comments: