Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Finding Logic in Christmas


It's a bummer when you try to give someone the Christmas gift they really, really want and it all falls through.

Through no fault of your own.

This fall, we got tickets for College Boy to go to a Logic concert. (C'mon, you know who he is, rap fans.) As bad luck would have it, he called off the Dec. 13 concert and said he'd reschedule. Carter was pretty bummed, to put it mildly. Today, it was announced that there would be no new concert date. Due to scheduling conflicts, they just can't make it work.

Major bummer.

Sure, they're going to refund the tickets, but it's still poopy for the "kids" who were looking forward to it – like Christmas – and now it's not gonna happen.

So we'll have to get an alternate gift, which won't be the same. And, when the Logic shirt I ordered off of Amazon does arrive this week, it may seem like rubbing salt in the wound.

Again, through no fault of my own. 

I can somewhat empathize. That happened to me once when my girlfriend and I were en route to a Janet Jackson concert in Milwaukee. Thankfully we heard the announcement on the radio on the way there so we could turn around. And thankfully, she did reschedule a few months later. But I don't have to share the WHOLE story with the boy. Just the sharing the pain part.

I'm sure he will have a happy ending, too. Just will have to find someone besides Logic to be the hero of his Christmas story.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a Willy Nelson concert?