Saturday, December 23, 2017

Winter Skol-stice


For Seinfeld fans, today was Festivus. For last-minute shoppers, today was Christmas chaos. For Vikings fans, it was Winter Skol-stice.

For me, it was all three.

First, there was Festivus for the rest of us. I skipped the airing of grievances since no one was around to hear them. My feat of strength, though, was keeping Sylvester out of the boxes I was trying to use for last-minute gift-wrapping.

She took a nap in this one so I had to take a break and move onto my Saturday chores. Later, I was able to finish all my wrapping... but only after a last-minute run to a few stores.

Technically not the very last minute since I have tomorrow, too. But it was such a zoo today at Wal-Mart, for instance, that there is no way I'd want to return until after the holidays. If I can help it. Was nice to run into a few friends for some visits in the aisles, likely ticking people off because we're just standing there.

Shortage on patience in aisle 3!

After getting my final gifts and stocking stuffers, I came home and got that all assembled. Kitty was done with her nap by then. Whew.

Spent a few hours doing a freelance project so I do NOT have to work in any capacity on Christmas Eve or Day. That took me right up to kickoff of the Packer-Viking game tonight.

Or, as we like to call it, Winter Skol-stice. Oh, yes. That was nice to get that win under our belts. God bless the players and fans of both sides trying to function in the cold weather. Much more comfortable to watch from my recliner under my Viking blanket (one of 'em).

Carter has some high school buddies over. I was hoping we'd have some decent halftime entertainment since two of them are in the Badger Marching Band. But they're busy. Probably playing a video game invented before they were born. Nintendo 64, anyone?

So I'll just hit the hay, knowing I accomplished my feats of strength, got my Saturday chores done, finished my Christmas prep, and celebrated some purple pride.

The only major thing left on my to-do list is watching some of those Hallmark movies I've DVR'd. The gift that keeps on giving.


No comments: