Monday, December 25, 2017

All The Creatures Were Stirring


It took awhile to get all the creatures stirring this morning. Sylvester was sitting in the sun waiting for the chaos. She somehow knows Santa brings boxes that eventually are empty – and suitable for napping.

Big boys came over around 10 a.m. for gift opening and brunch. As usual, they pretty much know what they're getting since they pick it out, but we always have that one surprise...

Remember when Casey met the two Minnesota Vikings cheerleaders at the Mall of America? Well, we got autographed calendars for all three boys – with their names on them and signatures on the two months where the two cheerleaders are featured. Here Casey is doing a show and tell of who he met that day.

 Clay shows one of the the autographed pages. He also got some big control thing for PS4.

We love that Clay's girlfriend is a Vikings fan, too. Not that that is a requirement. But well, it's nice. She liked her new shirt!

Carter liked his calendar, too, and a new Boston Celtics decoration for his dorm room. Hubby got a Reds one just like it. Made of some thick foam stuff that should be easy to hand in his office.

 Santa also brought our world traveler a much-needed phone case. Thought this was cool with the American and German flags. Good work, Santa.

The boys got Dad a framed poster of the office layout from the show The Office for his office. Did you get that?

Santa got me an Ancestry DNA kit. Hubby said he got it as soon as I booked my trip to Sweden next summer. Yup. Going to my homeland. This way I will know for sure that I am 75% Swede and 24% Norwegian. I will be traveling in both countries, plus Denmark. So as long as I am 100% Viking, it's all good. Can't wait to send it in!

After pancakes, the "kids" went in the basement and fired up the Nintendo64 like old times. They headed out in the early afternoon. I did get a brief walk in. But with windchills below zero, my friend Cindy and I cut our route short. Really short.

Stayed snuggled inside looking at pictures and watching a Hallmark movie. Still a lot left on the DVR. Guess I know how I'll spend my chilly nights this week. (Minus 6 now and temps are falling.)

Back to the daily grind tomorrow. Feel wonderfully blessed to have had time with our whole gang.

The greatest gift.

No comments: