Friday, April 5, 2019

Finding My Way Around

After the not-so-direct route to get to Heidelberg,  I found it's quite easy to get around once you get here.

Today while Carter had class, I slept in until 9 (I needed it!), then ventured off to Old Town, as they call it. I got my own bus pass, found my way on the street tram to and from Old Town, and didn't get kicked out of the country for being an obnoxious tourist. Yet.

I did goof around taking a mix of silly selfies and unique architecture pictures.  Plus I finally saw the big Holy Ghost Church, which is pretty much visible from anywhere in the city!

After classes, Carter and I went back downtown to eat lunch and sightsee and shop. Rain held off but temp just reached 50. Still fine with me!

A few pictures before I hit the sack...

 Hopa trees are in bloom!

Statue by university. 

He's got his arm around me but he looks sketchy.

Definitely don't trust this guy!


Thought I found my knight in shining armor but...

But then I saw this guy. That Austin smirk and dimples will get you in trouble in any country!
We're on what is literally called Old Bridge. Castle Heidelberg is on the hill in the background. We plan to get a closer look at it Sunday when it's super nice out.

May try this photo again if the sun shines.

 So here is das big church!



My healthy breakfast! Coconut gelato. Yum

I also got non-healthy treats at the Lindt store. Yep, somebody's getting chocolate!


Surprising how much is blooming. Gives me hope I'll return to spring. Not that I'm giving any thought to going home!

Got a few full days ahead. Going to bed (since we are 7 hours ahead).

Sorry again for any typos.  Hard to do this on my phone but blogging helps me keep track of what I did!

 Gute nacht!

No comments: