Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Trifle Tuesday :: It's a Thing

We're having a bit of a surprise celebration at work for someone who's life is about to become a cross between a circus and a zoo. As if it isn't already. Still, the promotion of sorts is a big deal for him and we're happy. So it's definitely trifle-worthy!

But do I really need a reason to make a trifle? No. But I do like the concept of Trifle Tuesday. And I bet my co-workers will, too! I call this creation Carousel Cookie Trifle.


Trying to include the Carousel cookies around the edge did not come out looking as cool as I'd hoped. But no one's judging it on appearance.

The layers, from bottom up, are: crumbled Funfetti cake, white chocolate pudding (I colored pink to match the cookies), a thin layer of whipped cream, a layer of crushed Carousels, and repeat. Think it will taste OK? When I invent a combo of ingredients and layers, I always hope it tastes as good as it looks. And it normally does. I'll let you know if I hear any complaints.

If it's successful, I may have to do a version for Easter – but we don't need to send any of us old folks into diabetic shock. I might have to scale back on parts. Or just eat the left over Carousels and make something else.

No such thing as a bad idea where Robyn and her "creations" are concerned!

No comments: