Thursday, April 25, 2019

Seasonal Separation Anxiety


Old Man Winter has serious separation anxiety. He just won't let go! First, I thought all the rain this week was bad enough (for spring sports and flooding, anyway). Now, this...


Not an April Fool's joke. Though I didn't believe it when I first heard it yesterday. On the positive side (for central Wisconsin, anyway), our forecasted snow total dropped from 5-7 inches down to zero to 1. I'm OK with that if we don't have ice. I am driving over to the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport to pick up Mr. World Traveler on Saturday evening. Maybe Old Man Winter just wanted to give Carter a taste of what he missed all these months.

Besides his parents, of course. Good thing he got his "Mom fix" a few weeks ago. Otherwise, I don't know how he would have survived. Ha.

He really is lucky he missed all this snow. This rain is no treat for the older Mr. Austin in the house, though. It did stop in time for the baseball game against Edgar today. It was still gloomy, though. More like gloom and doom as our boys just couldn't keep pace with the Wildcats. They lost 13-2. Ouch. I admire how much Coach Austin cares about these kids, though. He really wants them to do well and feel good about their abilities. He's pretty good, if this unbiased person says so herself.

Managed to get a few photos before going to a meeting at church. Here are a few of my faves because I'm a firm believer you have to stick your tongue out to concentrate...




Or just use your tongue to blow bubbles!

Hoping I can get all the players in action at some point. Would be nice if it was just a little sunny out to lighten the pictures – and the mood.

Just need Old Man Winter to pack up and leave. If he needs travel tips, I just sent a bunch to Carter that I'd be happy to share.

See ya! Don't let the season hit you on the way out.

No comments: