Saturday, April 27, 2019

My Son Shine


Can you see the rainbow arc around the sun dog over the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Very cool. This is what happens when you have time on your hands and you're already locked into your parking ramp.

Why was I there so early?

First, thank the weatherman for being wrong. Sunny skies and no snow to hamper my drive over. Secondly, light traffic for a late Saturday afternoon. Third, my copy of the itinerary had Mr. World Traveler landing at 6:51 p.m. When I got to the airport, the time said 7:44 p.m. So I really had time on my hands!


Oh, and fourth, I was just really, really, slightly excited to see my boy again! So to pass the minutes I did walk around and got my steps in for the day...


But don't think I didn't ponder shenanigans. You really can't leave me unsupervised anywhere with time to kill. At least I kept my lips zipped before taking over the vacant Freedom of Expression Booth. So tempting. If only I had an opinion on something. Ha.

Then finally... this! Welcome home, sweetie!

So good to hug him again! And it was nice to have company on the long drive back to Wisconsin Rapids. A little over 3 hours with one stop for caffeine. Then the man who had been up for 24+ hours (like I had been when returned) stopped fighting the sleep, reclined the seat, and slept awhile. Can't blame him!

Jim, who had attended a surprise 80th birthday party for his uncle, waited up for us. Catching up was brief as it's really past everyone's bedtime in this house. We'll all sleep good tonight. From tiredness and just knowing we're all safely under one roof again.

Feeling blessed. Sweet dreams!




No comments: