Friday, April 26, 2019

Ladies Night :: Extra Innings

Sun was shining and it was mild in the mid-50s so I figured it was a perfect day to swing over to Auburndale after work to catch the Lady Royals in action. They weren't the only thing in action. The wind just. Wouldn't. Stop.

I hate wind chills within days of May Day, don't you? I had a heck of a time keeping my hands – and my camera – warm. But I honestly didn't mind when the game went into extra innings after a 4-4 tie at the bottom of the 7th. Our girls were so determined, I just felt they could revenge Monday's loss to Auburndale. They sure tried hard in those two extra innings, but ended up falling 5-4 in the 9th. Dang.

I still managed to get some winning shots...

Sliding safely into 3rd.

 Focus.

And power.

Just me being creative. The coach just peeked out and I thought it was a cool shot.

Am hoping to get to at least get to one more softball game but some of the boys (off tonight) reminded me I needed to get my priorities straight. Ha. Gotta love that they still love their baseball even if they're struggling.

I love it, too! And softball. What a privilege to see both when I can. Win or lose, it's fun to be a Royals fan.


No comments: