Thursday, April 11, 2019

This Blows

I awoke last night to the sound of thunder

How far off I sat and wondered...

– Night Moves (Bob Seger)

We knew we were in for something strange. And Mother Nature sure delivered.

It had snowed in the evening and then around 2 a.m. I awoke to the sounds of thunder. Then we heard like hail or sleet and somewhere in there the silent snow dumped 10 inches on us.

Seriously! First round of The Masters and we were sitting on top of the Leader Board! We're just that good. (And depressed. And annoyed. And tired of winter, spring, summer, fall – all in one day.)


Take a listen!

 My mantra today: If Mr. Deck Chair Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy.

Snowblowing was a challenge because it was so slushy and heavy that our usually capable machine just didn't have the horsepower (or will power. I mean, who wants to be out in this stuff?)

I worked at home and that worked out OK except for that one time I forgot to call "same seats" when I left the room. I guess I gotta follow house rules!

Between rain, sleet, snow, wind, thunder snow, thunder sleet, and lightning, I think we're just missing hail. That's supposed to pass through this evening. Then we've got everything covered. We do – even dust from Texas has blown all the way up here and created "dirty snow." Not kidding. I noticed that when I shoveled the deck.

We really did cram everything into one day...


No comments: