Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Have Sun, Will Shoot


Took advantage of the sunny – most importantly, DRY – day Tuesday to shoot some spring sports. Since the varsity teams were up north in Edgar, I did a two-for-one shoot and got both Assumption Middle School softball and baseball. (And stayed up too late messing with photos to blog!)

You know me, love getting my "daughter fix" at softball games. It is just so fun to see them try so hard. And, of course, it was good to talk to my mom friends again, too!


As usual, it takes a few games to adjust to shooting through the fence. Then there was dust to deal with. Dust? After flooding two days ago? Yes. We're Wisconsin and we're weird. I still managed to get some decent action shots so I was pleased.

Fun watching this girl run past her dad, the coach. No special treatment needed, she's good!

It was even more fun watching the girls in the dugout, up on their feet, cheering on their teammate. There's so much support. It's encouraging to see that.

One thing I couldn't get over at both softball and baseball, was how young some of the players look. Well, middle school is 6th through 8th grades, so there are size and age differences. I just want to squeeze her little cheeks!

After managing to get photos of each starter at bat and in the field, I headed across town to the baseball game.

I love shooting pitchers because their face is so expressive when they are trying to heave that ball over the plate – at a fast speed. This kiddo did well and had great form. He'll be an asset in high school next year, that's for sure.

This one is funny because he seems to have overrun the base and is saying, "Whoop, oop, oop... gotta get back!"

Needless to say, there are always Bad News Bears type errors at games (any age) and it's best not to laugh. It was a close game but the boys lost by 1. The girls pulled out a victory.

Same story for high school. Girls smoked Edgar 14-0 and Asst Coach Austin and the boys are still looking for their first win. I hope tomorrow is the day. Stay tuned. You'll hear it here first if the sound doesn't carry from Witter Field.

Go Royals!


No comments: