Sunday, March 26, 2023

Beauty and the Bleat

What I discovered today while visiting a friend's hobby farm is that even though I know I'm not pretty, at least I'm not turkey ugly. It was quite a boost to my self-esteem!

Apparently her turkeys like to stand against their fence and harass the chickens all day. I'm siding with the chickens since they produced the two dozen eggs I got. Very nice.

Also, the chickens probably know the turkeys' days are numbered. That's the word around the coop, anyway.


My farm favorites were Gwen's kids. Oh her children, yes, but also the baby goats! I want one! The black one was bleating while I walked away, begging me not to go!


One of her sons has become quite the goat whisperer. He treats them like pets. But I know from another  friend who's had goats as pets that they like to head butt. No matter how much they love you. And they'll leave a bruise. Hope it works out OK!


Anyway, it was nice to see my former Wonder Twin from kickboxing days. And since I was down south in Adams County, I decided to take the scenic route home in hopes of maybe seeing some eagles or something. Apparently the eagles are too smart to fall victim to this fake spring today. But I did see a blue heron or two plus some sandhill cranes...




I snapped some shots at a few other spots that I'll share tomorrow. For now I gotta get a few more "Saturday chores" done before Monday arrives!

No comments: