Friday, March 17, 2023

Well Shake My Shamrocks


When it's St. Patrick's Day AND it's a Friday, you know you have to celebrate somehow! Even if I am zero percent Irish and don't have a stitch of green clothing in the house. I did, however, uncover some cool shamrock glasses (above) and other props that hubby said I could wear.

As long as I stayed home. Ha. I still had fun without them.

The evening turned into another mini AHS class of '81 reunion. We picked up one couple down the road and met up with two more couples from Jim's class AND saw a band with another classmate in it.

First stop was O'so Brewery in Plover, where The Foxfire Affair was performing. This husband-wife duo sang and played a mix of Celtic and folk and what they call maritime alternative. Their instruments ranged from guitar, banjo, and mandolin to flute, Tamborine (on his shoe), and a squeeze box. Very entertaining. I think we'd see them again.

Then we did a complete 180 and went up the road to Rookies Pub, where our friend Todd's metal/rock band was performing. Starting at 9 p.m.! It's no wonder we got home at midnight. We had to stay at least through the first break.


Terri and I got a picture with Todd in the background.


Then we sort of got a group one with Todd trying to get in it, too.

And this one includes our hubbies up top, who both had their knees replaced about the same time this winter. They didn't do any dancing. But the rest of us made up for it. Shaking our shamrocks with the best of 'em! Rising Phoenix always does an incredible job.

I say that even though my ears are still ringing. Not kidding.

Guess I can pretend to be Irish for a day. But pretending to be young AND handle loud music, that's a different story.

Hope you had fun going green today. For some of us it was the only way to cope with our busted brackets. But we won't talk about that blarney business!


No comments: