Sunday, March 5, 2023

How Sundays Differ

Another day with no plans. What is happening?? Well we had church and I had choir so that was per usual. Then a friend from work stopped by and picked up those bunkbeds! Only took a month to give them away. 

This stage of the Empty Nest Shuffle is now complete!

Then I did my Saturday choirs – actually a week and a day late since I was gone last weekend – and thought maybe I should start tackling the clutter in my office (aka Oh My God Room). There were things on our night stands and on the headboard shelves that we moved off when we got our new bed.

And by "things," I mean books...


This is now fact. I mean I have been picking some up here and there at Goodwill, etc. Didn't realize I have plenty to read now. But I am right in the middle of "The Measure" for Book Club, so that pile will just sit there. I mean I did relocate the pile to the basement. So I guess it's more like another shuffle versus decluttering.

I know, I know. The shuffle only is effective if something is shuffled out the door. For the record, there ARE some already-read books in a box now that we'll price for our friend's garage sale in April. Teeny tiny progress.

Meanwhile, the source of our empty nest had quite a different Sunday.

Carter and Mamie have been down in Selma, Alabama, the last few weeks visiting her dad. So by happenstance, for the second year in a row they were there for the observance of Bloody Sunday – the day a civil rights march turned deadly there in 1965.

Last year, they heard VP Harris speak and today they got to see and hear...


Yup. They got to see the current president. That's pretty cool no matter what your political beliefs are. Obviously, he had to zoom in quite a bit, but Carter was excited about the whole experience. 


Can you pick him out in the crowd from this borrowed news photo? Uhm, yeah. I couldn't either.


But I think this is them. Based on his photos from where he was standing! A bit of a crowd, yes. And pretty neat. (P.S. Carter just corrected me. He was even with the third building – the white one with the black awning. So dang, we've got a sweet zoom on our smartphones.)

My Sunday seems boring by comparison, but maybe my book will be good. Gotta start making progress on that pile! Have a good week, everyone. And...


Based on this lovely photo... Be careful out there!

No comments: