Monday, March 6, 2023

The Lion's Share

I think March came in like a lion and is holding firm to that. Even though it "felt" like a mild weekend, we woke up to a few inches of straight up slush. Heavy, heavy slush.

Part of me thinks that what's going through Coach Austin's mind right here is "One week til baseball practice... One week til baseball practice..." Part of me is also pretty sure that each of those sentence begin with something akin to "Gosh darn it! One week til baseball practice."

Or something like that. And I can't blame it. It's the same rerun we watch every spring as the spring sports season approaches.

At least today's precip didn't hang around on the road surfaces anyway. I mean the only place I had to go after working from home was the chiropractor. Yup, I'm still a work in progress. A little better each day but I still need to visit her again on Friday. And as good fortune would have it, my monthly deep-tissue massage is tomorrow after work. Ouch and yay!

Tonight I took it easy and watched the new season of The Voice. I am officially old because I didn't know who one of the coaches is. Now I know he was from One Direction but I might not have even gotten that in multiple choice. Still, it's one of the few shows I watch so I'll just suffer through looking at his cute face and hearing his adorable Irish accent!

The things we're willing to do in the off-season.

Be careful out there!

No comments: