Friday, March 24, 2023

The Busted Bracket Blues


As of 30 minutes ago, my bracket was busted. As of 30 seconds ago, my south and west brackets are completely shredded. Let's just say my final 2 won't make it to the Elite 8, much less the Final 4. Dang.

Oh well, I didn't know much going into it and I've proved it. I may have covered my investments, however, thanks to some random acts of randomness. If ya know what I mean. Of course, upsets in any stage of the game are what make this whole tournament fun to watch. 

I mean, when I can catch a bit of action between making t-shirts and trifles and such.

Tonight after work I whipped together this trifle for a special girl turning 91 tomorrow who happens to love both purple and pistachio! 

I think my momma will like it. Had to take a picture beforehand in case it doesn't arrive completely intact after a 4-hour drive in the morning! I'm also hoping these layers jive together for a delicious flavor.

If you wish to try this at home... I've got some crumbled up pistachio muffins (Thanks, IGA!!!) on the bottom, then finely cut vanilla wafer frosting cookies, then pistachio pudding, some cool whip, some purple-dyed white chocolate pudding, then repeat. I also found "Mythical Creatures" frosted animal cookies that only come in lavender and white. Perfect. 

So we'll see if it tastes as good as it looks. Like my mother, I like pistachio. And those wafer cookies. And frosted animal cookies. So if it doesn't strike anyone's fancy, I'll be happy to lick the messy bowl of leftovers on our way back home!

As we lick our wounds from our busted brackets. I think the trifle will taste better, don't you?

Good luck to those still in the hunt!

No comments: