Saturday, March 11, 2023

Springing Forward Sans Spring

Is it legal to spring forward even though it is anything but spring-like? I got so wrapped up in life today that I forgot the weather dudes predicted some 24-36 hours of snow this weekend. Didn't take me long to remember when I had to drive home from a party this evening. 

While my day had little events happening – like going with a friend to the craft fair at Milkweed Market then coffee at Cravings, followed later by a surprise 60th birthday party for another friend – most of my brain was paying attention to my phone.

Waiting to hear that the kids arrived safely in Raleigh, N.C., and that their new apartment – which they signed up to live in for a year, sight unseen – matched the descriptions and photos online. While there were some hiccups that caused a few gray hairs today, all's well that ends well and they're in their new place and call it "pretty decent." Still waiting for photos of proof, but hopefully that'll come tomorrow. 

Either way, they're officially East Coast residents now.

Not that I miss them halfway across the country, but I did spring our clocks forward pretty early this evening just so I could be in the same time zone as them for a few hours! Desperate mom move, I know!

Also desperate Wisconsin resident mindset thinking that we're one hour closer to spring. I'll keep you posted on that, too.

Be careful out there!


No comments: