Tuesday, March 7, 2023

A Trifle Bit of Madness


Trifle Tuesday has become a thing. And I can't stop it. I mean it just so happened our department was having a potluck today. And it was a Tuesday. So it's like state law that a trifle be made!

Because we're dorks, we celebrated our new work digs. I mean we exchanged places with the creative types on the other side of the room basically. But still, we officially are sitting in new spots so why not celebrate?

Knowing I am not (I don't think) making a trifle for next Tuesday, I went with my favorite tasty bit of green for St. Paddy's month. My March Mint Madness trifle. Which, by the way, coincides nicely with Girl Scout Cookie season, too.

So the layers this time around, if you want to try this at home...

Bottom is mint-chocolate brownies with some chopped up Andes Mints on top. Then comes a thin layer of my leftover Dirt Cake mixture followed by a layer of crushed Thin Mints (or Keebler brand or generic). The next colorful layer is white chocolate pudding with a hint of mint extract and green food coloring.

Repeat.

Top layer is Cool Whip and shaved Andes Mints.

And oh, was it as good as it sounds and looks!

I even had a teeny bit left over because there was so much food and so many tasty dessert-type treats. I don't mind leftovers. Usually there's barely enough left for me to lick the bowl clean. Now hubby can have some if he so choses.

And if he doesn't act quickly enough, I will be happy to join the Clean Bowl Club. 

March brings out a bit of madness in all of us.

I say: Choose your MADNESS.

Be careful out there!

No comments: