Thursday, March 23, 2023

When They Come Over to the Dark Side


It helps to have the waterpark capital of the world less than 50 miles down the road. Sometimes it even lures my family over the border and over to the dark side. Which for them is, well, Packers country. C'mon. You know it had to be said.

So I jumped at the chance to see my SKOL sister RoAnn and her son and his family while they had a brief spring break getaway in Wisconsin Dells. Headed down after work to meet them at Buffalo Phil's for dinner. A pretty cool joint next to the Great Wolf Lodge, where your food and drinks arrive at your booth via a train. And sometimes the train even hauls a bubble machine. In addition to all the fake taxidermy stuffed animals, they have a bunch of Star Wars figures (like Darth above) decorating the place. Just an odd mix but it caters to kids of all ages, I'm guessing. 

Including us, of course.


Naturally, my first order of business was snuggle time with the newest member of our family – my great-niece Khloe.

Seven months old and simply adorable. And tired!

She was out before our food arrived!

Is it too early to ask Santa for grandkids? Just checking.


Big sister Kenlee loved the train delivery method – and especially the bubble machine.


Pretty sure she hasn't taken off the "wolf ears" headband since they checked into the lodge yesterday.


After dinner we went back to their hotel and got to catch up for awhile. 


I realized I hadn't seen them since my aunt's funeral in November. I was way overdue for Minnesota hugs!! Good thing I'll see more family this weekend for my mom's birthday

But for the rest of my MN family: You're free to come to the dark side anytime. I'll protect you!

No comments: