Wednesday, March 15, 2023

March Madness Eve

At first glance, I'm pretty sure my bracket will stink again this year. But all signs point to a pretty good outcome if you base it on March Madness Eve. First I had a gorgeous sunrise on my morning commute. (The one plus of Daylight Saving Time beginning.) 


Then I was following this car and, like, totally got a Big Hair play list in my head. Pour some sugar on me... 

Work was fine and then afterward, I got to hang out with Jenny on the Block and the other ladies in our monthly Girls Night Out crew. Had some decent wings at Gordie's on the western west side. From there, I went to church choir practice 'til 8 p.m. Then raced home to make a St. Patty's "trifle for hire."

I cracked the first egg for the "cake layer" and lo and behold I got the first double-yoker in my life! From store bought eggs even. That has to be a lucky omen for our brackets!

And I say "our" because after baseball practice, hubby got together for his own boys night and annual NCAA bracket draft. And by annual, I mean every year since sometime in the early 1980s. About the time those bands on the bumper stickers were popular.

Another sign of good luck, right? 

Good luck to all you real bracket-ologists – and wannabes like me! Let the fun begin.

No comments: