Saturday, March 4, 2023

Off-Season Signs


After last night's Assumption boys' loss to the top-ranked Wausau Newman team last night, it's not officially the off-season for all Royal sports. And this photographer.

We got the game late since our fish fries at Bullshead Tavern on the way took forever. But we didn't miss the drama or the excitement that made the second half seem like a potential Cinderella story. Our boys fought hard but just couldn't close that final gap. Dang. 

Stopped out afterward and got home after Cinderella's coach would've turned into a pumpkin! So tired. Ha.

With not playoff games today for boys or girls, our schedule opened up. And my high school bestie just happened to text wanting to come up from Madison to meet for lunch. She had an important yarn delivery for me. We'll use any excuse! So Jim and I met Julie and Mark in Plover at O'so Brewery. They have one of their walls painted with that phrase above. Right away we knew we were in the right place!


That's us in a nutshell! So good to catch up with them. I feel like I haven't seen Julie in a year but that can't be right, can it? Sometimes it works out better to be spontaneous! And meeting up in the same town where I introduced her to King Cone doesn't hurt either.


It's March Mint Madness there if you haven't gotten around to visiting since they opened a few weeks ago. 


Of course we had to stop because Sylvester loves mint-chocolate ice cream! Well she loves licking the container. If I leave any for her, that is. 

King Cone is king and the females in this house are definitely his princesses!

The rest of the day was pretty laid back. Posted the last sports pictures I'll have for a month. A sure sign of the off-season will be free time for me. Jim will resume coaching baseball and be busy with that in another 10 days so we'll just enjoy a bit open-agenda down time.

That's a good sign to me, too!




No comments: