Sunday, March 19, 2023

Winter Skates on Out of Here


Had a spontaneous change of plans today and it turned out to be cold (like winter) but pretty entertaining.

A couple of figure skating moms had offered me a free ticket to their annual show this weekend. I declined because I thought it was Friday and Saturday. Since there was one final show today at 1 p.m., I accepted the kind offer from the neighbor and decided to go.

One of the little girls from church – well now a high schooler – was in it and had a solo so that was awesome to see. Then there were at least a half dozen Assumption students of different ages skating. That was cool to see, too.

The theme was Out of This World so all the song selections were related to the sun, moon, stars, or space. That takes a lot of creativity. 

Of course with the lights off and spotlights only, trying to capture decent pictures took some creativity, too. At least I got a few of the girls I wanted to. Here's a few so you see the different ages and abilities...




Appropriate that it was chilly in there just so we wouldn't think winter was completely out the door. Pretty sure that's it for me inside the skating rink until hockey in the fall.

Until we meet again, Mr. Zamboni. Be sure Old Man Winter is on board when you ride out!


No comments: