Friday, May 15, 2009

All's Well That Ends Well

I'm sitting here at the computer, so full from supper that I can't even move... while hubby mows the front yard and Carter shoots hoops. I guess we know who ate too much! Oh well. I needed my day to end with some overstuffed bliss.

Today was one of those long days at work where things that are out of my control continue to be, well, out of my control. I was really frustrated but got over it quickly enough when I found another task to do to keep my mind off it. Too bad it wasn't that nice of a day. I had no desire to pull a Friday "skip out early" when it wasn't even golfing weather. (Now that's sad!)

On our way home, just as it started sprinkling, my sister-in-law called and said the races at Golden Sands had already been called off for the night.

So what else is there to do on a Friday night in Wisconsin? That's right. Go get a fish fry!

We picked up Carter from the sitter's and headed to Anchor Bay, which is situated on the Wisconsin River. While we were waiting for our table, we watched the river and realized there is nothing to see at this time of year! No boats. No jet skis. No water skiers. I guess we'll have to go back. (And we will -- because they have awesome Au Gratin Haddock! Yummy!)

When we got home, Jim's sister stopped by and dropped off our new, team-color Colin Reffner racing jackets. Very cool! We are the ultimate fan club now! It will be nice to wear them in support of our nephew. Except, I said, on those hot summer nights -- to which hubby points out, "When do you get hot?" Good point.

I hope this doesn't mean we have to go to the races in Marshfield tomorrow night. It's going to be in the 30s (with frost). I just don't think the extension cord for my electric blanket is long enough!

No comments: