Sunday, May 24, 2009

White Toast

I love Sunday during a holiday weekend. It feels like a Sunday in the lazy sort of "I don't want to have to go to work tomorrow" way. But it also feels like a Saturday in a lazy sort of "I don't have to go to work for two days" way. Either way, I win. And either way, it means relax, be lazy and don't feel guilty about it.

You don't have to tell me twice.

After a late night again, I really wanted to get some sleep (is 8 hours too much to ask on the weekend?). My mind was up early though, already designing scrapbook pages before I was out of bed. So I got my coffee and sat in front of the computer. It was good to get some of the project done but I had other things on my agenda today.

Our friends Mike and Christine came over in the early afternoon -- with their truck (that's important). Mike and Jim took off (in the much-needed truck) to Plover to pick up our new gas grill (already assembled, of course!!).

Christine and I made our way out to the back deck and worshipped the sun while they were gone. I was like, "I've never been so white this late in May. I gotta get some sun today!" Oh, I did alright. I'm like white toast now. Plenty burnt.

We had a nice afternoon just hanging out, visiting and watching (with some amusement and nervousness) our next-door neighbor drill holes (with an old ice auger) in the ground to put up a batting cage. It became quite the project when he "discovered" some wires. Let's just say all's well that ends well. Every one is OK and the support poles are up. We'll leave it at that.

In the late afternoon we grilled steaks and brats. The new grill works like a charm. Igniter turns on in one click. Imagine! We're loving it. Hubby did a great job with the steaks, too. For dessert, I made Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble -- one of my mom's old recipes I created a major shortcut for, but it's still very tasty!

After the Jacksons left, we settled on the couch to see if my Twins are going to sweep the Brew Crew. I was so fried, I just about fell asleep so I figured I better hop on the computer while I'm still awake. Not that the game isn't exciting. It will just be easier to go straight to bed -- with a victorious smile on my face -- when it's over.

Yup, I may be toast, but I still have energy to talk smack. We'll see where that gets me tomorrow (besides blistered and peeling!).

No comments: