Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spoiler Alert

When people are about to give you the inside scoop on how a book or movie ends or the winner in some competition we haven't seen, we call it a Spoiler Alert. In other words, if you don't want to know this information yet, cover your ears. In our little world, Spoiler Alert just means: News alert! Carter is spoiled! (Which really isn't new.)

Ahh well. That's what birthdays are for.

This morning, I made him cinnamon rolls and was accused of spoiling Carter. I said, "It's his birthday weekend!" Yup, it turns into a two-day event (at least) when you don't have the party the same day as the birthday. So it was plenty busy.

We had soccer this afternoon and while it was deceptively sunny, it was windy and very chilly out. Glad I still had a blanket in the trunk from the races last night! I'm such a wimp. It's really pathetic sometimes.

Carter's game ended up being a 3-3 tie. He had a group of fans coming today: Grandma and Grandpa Austin, Uncle Baird, Aunt Sherry, cousin Colin and our friends, the Jacksons (who also brought a birthday gift for him). So even without a win, he was in a good mood. Spoiling can do that do that for you...

The family came out to our house for some supper (pizza) and cake and ice cream (of course). Carter finally got to open the cards and gifts that came in the mail this week, plus today's presents. He was genuinely thrilled with everything, which is always fun to watch.

We still had the basketball hoop in the back of the CRV (filling up the entire back of it), so we gave him an easy clue that sent him out there to find it. Now comes the fun part of when Daddy gets to assemble it. Not tonight.

Celtics are on in game 7 of the playoffs with the Bulls. Plus there's a race on. I might be in bed before that's over. I don't care if he "spoils" it for me and tells me tomorrow who won. Though I'd rather be spoiled with a backrub or something. It's been a tough week!

But wait, it's still Carter's weekend. I'll just start dropping hints now. I hear Mother's Day is coming up. That's totally a weekend event, isn't it?

No comments: