Thursday, May 7, 2009

Are We There Yet?

I am determined today is going to be productive and meaningful.

Hubby and I beat the sunrise to work. I am sooooo close to wrapping up the time-consuming, mind-numbing part of my work project. I know I've said that before, but this time I mean it! We are almost there.

I had hoped to finish last night but 1, the computers did not keep up with my ambition yesterday and 2, I forget my aging mind and and body hit a wall after a certain number of hours. I think if I was younger -- and only lived 5 miles from work instead of 45 -- I might have stayed until the last dog was hung (or in my case, until the last piece of data was tagged).

Today will be the day, though. I told Carter then I shouldn't have to work this weekend. He said, "Cool! Maybe we can go to a movie or something!" Then said, "Wait. Weren't you supposed to be done with this by my birthday?"

Who needs a boss when you've got an 11-year-old?

Time to get to work...

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

I'm glad that even with this major work project that you find the time and energy to write in this blog. Now that the work project is well under way, when are you going to tell us what you are writing your new book about? It's going to happen, might as well be sooner rather than later. Beside you're much too talented to NOT write a book! God bless your day!