Thursday, May 14, 2009

Scheduling Conflict

Being the shallow person we all can be on occasion, I have to admit it was tough to be sitting at Carter's baseball game tonight when I knew the 2-hour season finale of Grey's Anatomy was on. Of all the nights to have a 7:30 game!

Yes, I was the good mother and stayed for his entire game. And yes, I still managed to catch the end of Grey's, which of course, is the most important part anyway.

The game was not as good as the other night. It never is when it ends up being a loss (and it's very chilly out, says the wimp mom). The final: 4-1. The one good thing is Carter finally had his first hit! That was great! The next time up, though, he practically drilled a hole in the ground swinging so hard. Oh well, at least he knows he can hit!

The game got over at 9 -- which is too late on a school night in my opinion -- so I did get home to catch the last 45 minutes of Grey's. I wasn't sure what was happening with some of the story lines. And, as usual with a season ender and its cliff hangers, I'm still not sure. Crazy ending!

So now it's way past my bedtime. I know Carter won't be getting his usual sleep tonight either. I'm just hoping my blanket warmed up enough in 45 minutes so I can quickly get to McDreamland...

No comments: