Monday, May 25, 2009

Tool Time

Well I finally got that 8 hours of sleep I've been whining about. But oh, did that put me behind today!

After a bowl of cereal, I sat down at the computer with my morning cup of coffee to work on the Project (I'm capitalizing it now. It's that important.) Seven hours later (not kidding), I came up for air and felt like I was this close to being done.

So I show it off to hubby and he asks where a certain batch of pictures are. I did a Homer Simpson "D'oh!" The stack of pictures were right in front of me (literally between me and the computer screen) and I completely forgot about them. Oh I was ticked at myself.

I took a break and decided I better work on something else. I figured I would have been done with that scrapbook by noon (never underestimate the time it takes to putz towards perfection) and then work on weeds and that fun outdoors stuff. Here it was 2:30 and I had promised Carter I'd take him to a move at 2:45. Well that changed to the 4:55 show, so I had an hour or so to work.

One thing an angry temperament is good for is pulling weeds, that's for sure. They didn't stand a chance! I had a pretty good "blue streak" going under my breath, too, as I quietly yelled at myself -- and the air -- about not getting stuff done and wondering how the heck (and when) it will get done.

By the time I hit the shower, I'd worked up a little sweat and a well-rounded stress level. This is not the way to handle things. I have all kinds of tools in my toolbox for coping with stress. But I didn't use them. Instead I built up the pressure inside until the dam broke. Granted, sometimes a good cry is a tool, too. But next time I better reach into the box for something better.

I did manage to keep my date with Carter and we saw Night at the Museum 2. It felt good to laugh. When I got home, I tackled the rest of those photos and, for the most part, this baby is done. But I know better than to cross it off the list until it really is. Things don't always go as we plan, do they?

No comments: