Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Job Satisfaction

I woke up this morning and realized why I'm getting so good (or at least adept) at managing change.

Today is my 6-year anniversary at my place of employment. A place that even on its worst day is far better than the daily grind (and teeth gnashing) of the newspaper.

A place that just like everywhere else has seen plenty of change in recent years -- some forced, some by design. Through it all I have:

- had my "dream job" (though short-lived) working on craft and scrapbooking magazines
- worked under 9 publishers (bosses)
- sat in 5 desks
- held 7 different job titles
- met (and hugged) 2 celebrities from 1970s television
- made countless new friends

I've also traveled a considerable amount more than I ever had before.

Sounds like Utopia, doesn't it? Well, it can be when I remember to look at it that way. I'm glad it's my anniversary today. It prompted me to recall why I love it here ...

Even if I find myself muttering the Serenity Prayer at my desk on occasion!

No comments: