Sunday, May 3, 2009

SUN-day

We were treated to a sunny and 70s kind of day today. I valiantly fought the urge to go into work. Truth be told -- it wasn't much of a battle. Work wouldn't have fit into the schedule anyway!

Today was Youth Sunday at church, which meant all the Sunday School kids put on the service, doing everything adults normally would do. Carter read scripture and took part in the singing. Overall, everything took a little longer so it was a 90-minute service. But it was done really nicely so people with normal-sized bladders probably didn't mind.

When we got home, hubby was already gone. He had a golf date with some buddies in Stevens Point. (I guess guys wouldn't call it a date.) I could have driven over to the office in Iola but I just couldn't pass up some time in the sun! I can work long hours again this week as needed.

I found some shorts and a tank top and went for a good walk. I'm happy to report no cars were blinded by my white legs! After the walk, I stayed outside trimming some overgrown bush-vine-hedge thing that seems to be overtaking the front of our house. I really didn't do too much because I wasn't sure where to start (or stop) with that one. I need a second opinion so I'll wait with that one.

Next, I worked up a sweat in the lawn chair. Honestly, I was probably out on the deck only 20 minutes. But it felt nice compared to huddling up in blankets for warmth the last two days!

While I was sitting outside, I had Carter bring our golf clubs up from the basement. We went to the driving range to see if we remembered how to swing. It wasn't pretty. Carter said, "Remember the last time we were here I hit you in the jaw with my club?" Yep. I certainly do. I definitely stayed away from his tee today!

Afterwards, we stopped for a few groceries and headed home. Feeling ambitious (or perhaps feeling guilty for doing nothing on my day off), I painted a second coat in the hallway. The challenge when hubby applied the first coat is that our "new" color is so similar to the "old" that it was hard to see if any spots were missed until it dried. And there were a few. I didn't do all of it today. I need to see if a second coat even makes a difference. I can already tell I missed spots, too. Maybe we'll just have to hang a heckuva lot of pictures up!

Hubby is home from golfing now and Carter hit him up right away to assemble the backboard and hoop. I am wisely staying out of the way for that one. But I am sort of "on call" in the house for heavy lifting or holding things into place. I guess I better get back within earshot in case they need me. Lord knows I should do something!

No comments: