Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Break Time

After all the summer-like weather we had, cool "spring" weather returned just in time for Carter's spring break. If it was me, I'd be disappointed. If you are couch-potato teenager, though, it really doesn't matter.

On his first day of break yesterday, he had to clean his room -- but that was mainly because he was having a friend over. Otherwise, he doesn't have many sources of motivation!

On the way home from work last night, we picked up his "summer friend" Harry from Amherst. Harry stayed overnight and spent the day with Carter at our house. Last night their agenda included playing video games -- breaking out the old school Nintendo 64 -- and watching a movie.

This morning they slept in until 10 (lucky!), had cinnamon rolls for breakfast then gave me a call. I asked Carter what they were doing for the day. He says, "Probably the same as yesterday." I give them credit. The weather was just nice enough that they went outside and shot hoops for a bit. So they weren't complete slugs, just mostly.

They did have a great time together and I am glad it worked out that they are both on break the same week.

Now Harry is back home and Carter will probably spend tomorrow plotting who to spend the rest of the week with... I remember when it used to be me! He hasn't once suggested, though, that Mom or Dad take a day off.

I guess he needs a break from us, too. And I'm OK with that.

Not really, I just said it to convince myself! But if the sun does come out and the temp climbs to 70-something, I might just take a break myself.

That will make one of us happy anyway.

No comments: