Monday, March 12, 2012

Briefing Room

Just some Monday briefs...

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream: Who would have thought that changing the clocks would mess with all our sleeping schedules? It did. Big time. We were all up wandering the halls or tossing and turning throughout the night. This morning was not a good time to interact. 3 tired crabbies = silence over breakfast. The Sandman better not bypass our house tonight!!

Spellbound: So Carter brings home his report card and, as usual, he is just shy of getting straight A's. Every time he brings a grade up to an A, another slips down. So of 11 classes, he is getting 9 A's and 2 non-A's. The stunner is that one of his non-A's -- and this is very non-A -- is in language arts (you know, English, spelling, etc). How is that genetically possible? Apparently Dad and Mom kept all the writing and editing skills to ourselves. Unreal. I mean we ARE proud of him. But still...

March Madness: It's that time of year again. In my hands I have a NCAA bracket that I will fill out with total guesswork and wonder why I finish in the bottom 5 in our work pool. And I don't mean the bottom 5%. I mean the bottom 5 people! Yet, I still fill it out, pay to enter and hope. I have no knowledge whatsoever of college basketball. I just look at rankings and randomly pick upsets... 'Cause you never know! Anything can happen in March Madness. I might even finish ahead of Carter (a.k.a. Mr. Sportscenter)...

Well not quite anything.

No comments: