Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Heat Wave

Oh yes, we can use the words "heat wave" in March when the temps are above 70 and all the local golf courses are open. I sat at my desk today and just wished I was anywhere but there. But realized there will -- or at least should -- be many more days like this.

It is only March after all.

Somewhat fitting that it was Pi Day today -- that's 3.14, not the Pie that goes good with ice cream. Though that would seem way more logical on a summery day like today. I somehow resisted, though.

I visited my hair artist for the first time in 3 months this morning. Long overdue. While she washed that gray right out of my hair, I saw the DQ sign flashing across the street: Blizzard of the Month -- Mint Oreo. Oh good green, er grief.

I plotted a way to stop there afterward and pick up just a small one on my way back to work. But then I remembered I had to weigh in when I got back and it really, really wasn't worth it. Sounds like I have major will power but I must confess I hoped hubby would detour to King Cone on the way home from work. That didn't pan out either.

Later, when Carter and I were at church -- just a mere 3 blocks from the Rapids DQ -- it crossed my mind again. This heat wave will do that to you!

I resisted though and made only one stop on the way home. And honestly, it was at the gas station. Not Culver's. I didn't even dare drive by in case the Flavor of the Day was Mint Explosion.

By then, the heat would have gotten to me. And who knows what I would have done?

Well, I think you know.