Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Forward

As much as I hate losing an hour of sleep tonight as we Spring Forward, I love the fact that we are springing forward to Spring and then Summer! And today we got a taste of it.

Weird how yesterday morning we had to bundle up because it was only 18 degrees out and today, well, I was able to go running in short sleeves. That's Wisconsin!

It would have been the perfect day for spring cleaning -- for those with such an ambition. (And no, that wasn't me.) I did get my Saturday "chores" done and plenty of laundry but I did not want to stay inside. When I saw it was 59 degrees out, my decision was made.

I wasn't sure if I could get by with short sleeves only because winds were gusting 20-30 mph. But even with the wind, which was very tough to run against, it still felt like a mild spring day! I went 3 miles, alternating running and walking with each song on my mp3 player. It felt OK but not great. I have a long ways to go to get back into it. But I've got nothing but time, right?

While I was out sweating, hubby was helping out at the batting cage and Carter was shooting hoops in the driveway -- which no longer has Lake Austin, just a little swamp. But there's our almost straight-A kid out there wearing a WHITE t-shirt shooting a muddy basketball! Sigh...

Good thing he had to change to play Pep Band later! He got a ride to the girls regional final game while Jim and I met our friends Scott and Sandy for dinner in Appleton.

The Assumption girls ended up kicking some major butt, winning 77-22 to take the regional championship. Next they'll have a rematch against the Wausau Newman team that gave them their only 2 losses this season. Should be an intense sectional game next Thursday in Antigo!

We had some intense fun of our own tonight -- if you call watching your dinner go up in flames before your eyes intense. We ate at Nakashima of Japan, a sushi and hibachi restaurant, where the chef prepares your flaming, delicious meal on a big skillet/grill in front of you. Very entertaining and oh so good!

We are still full so we've lost a little spring in our step, but we'll get it back, I suppose, once we change the clocks.

Happy Daylight Saving Time!

No comments: