Saturday, March 24, 2012

Party Pooped

I'm tired. But it's a good kind of tired.

You gotta know that it takes a lot of energy to not only put on a great birthday bash ... but be one of the charming 8 R's, entertaining the multitudes for several hours.

In a nutshell, it was a great party. Weather was perfect. Had a nice big crowd. Did not come close to running out of food. And I got to see several cousins I haven't seen in ages. My mom was queen for the day and she wore her title well!

For a 3-hour party, it seemed more like 12 hours. Technically, I left the hotel room 11 hours ago so I guess that's actually pretty close. Of course, we could have been in bed a few hours ago but decided to "wind down" a bit with Rayna and Paul at the Pour House down the street.

Feels good to be party pooped and know that everything went as planned. Certainly no regrets and definitely no more headaches.

Of course, I will be reminded all week of it as I munch on leftover ham sandwiches, cake and try to only eat one or two of those yummy mints per day.

No comments: