Monday, March 19, 2012

The Voice

It's Monday evening so you know what that means. I'm hanging out with my guys.

Oh, not Jim and Carter. I'm talking about Adam and Blake on The Voice.

I ended up getting hooked on this show because I like the premise of it -- there are "blind auditions" so contestants are chosen by their voices, not their looks or any other factors. Just their talent. Of course, I also like watching and listening to Adam and Blake way more than Simon or Randy on that other singing show I used to watch.

I certainly could be doing something more productive with my time, but hubby actually propped a sign on the couch that says: "Reserved for Momma" so I had to sit here and watch.

Actually, I had some great offers for fun tonight. Could have gone to a book club or the driving range or Wal-Mart. Good times, I know. But unfortunately, I was dealing with a funny tummy today so I didn't want to stray too far from home. Or the couch.

So it all works out that I get to watch this show that I initially thought was named after me. Apparently when I get too annoying to the guys (not Adam and Blake), they say, "Don't make Momma use the Voice!"

Oh, yes, I deserve the remote one night!

No comments: