Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Love the '80s

While I am pretty sure I harbor the most love for '80s music in my family -- you can't account for taste (theirs, that is) -- my mom can now say she loves the 80s, too!

Even though we had the party yesterday, today is her official birthday. And she celebrated it much quieter. Dad took her out to dinner and I'm sure they enjoyed leftovers from the party for lunch! I know hubby and I are pondering 365 ways to use leftover ham! (Good thing we love it.)

We checked out of the hotel early and were back home in Rapids by 1 p.m. Carter and Daddy went to the batting cage and I hit the laundry room and did my other neglected chores. I finally downloaded pictures and realized I didn't take many at the party. Guess I was too busy gabbing.

Here are few that almost turned out...
We're always known as LeRoy and Marlys and the 8 R's. Trying to get all 10 of us looking at the same camera AND smiling shouldn't have been so challenging for a group of grownups. This is the best one of 7 "attempts" on my camera anyway.
The picture of Mom with her grandkids was not any better! This is the only one where you can almost see everyone's faces! Left to right, it's Zachary, Matthew is behind Carter, Anthony is behind Mom, Eric, Caryn, Travis, Beth, Ashley and David. Missing were Timothy and Tony. You see they are all officially taller than Grandma now... some more than others!
Took the opportunity to get a picture with my twin (who I think might still love the '80s, too!).
And my favorite -- me and the guys. I think I am the only one NOT standing on my tippy toes. I mean that has to be case, right? Right?!

No comments: