Thursday, March 1, 2012

In Like a Wet (Wool) Blanket

With temps in the mid 30s and no additional precipitation today, we'd have to say March came in like a lamb -- albeit a sloppy wet one!

Was able to get the CRV through Lake Austin out front, but all that slush made me nervous I was going to get stuck!

The important news today is that after 2 nights of delaying our boys basketball playoff game, it finally was on tonight! We didn't want to miss it -- mainly because Carter was going to get to play Pep Band with his cousin Colin... a rare occurrence since Colin quit band just at the time Carter started at Assumption. So that was cool for them.

Of course, with all my scrapbooking might, I tried to get a picture of the two of them. Not so easy. Colin is tall and I could see him blowing his trumpet. Carter was only a few feet away but strategically held his big ol' baritone in front of his face and had his music stand blocking my view from another angle. What an uncooperative witness!

I guess the important thing is that we won the game. Big time. I mean really big. Final score 71-21. Poor Wabeno had a very long bus ride back Up North.

Since we're behind on the weather-delayed playoffs, we already play again tomorrow night. Something tells me it won't be as easy.

To win OR get a picture!

No comments: