Friday, March 30, 2012

TGIF (Thank God It's Fun)

Since it was Carter's last day of Spring Break today, I opted to work at home so I'd be close by if he needed me, wanted to do anything or go anywhere. With me, that is.

That's not exactly how it worked out.

He went to a friend's house for the afternoon so I ended up, well, working. It was actually a pretty productive day, if I do say so myself. But I clocked out by 4:30 so I could make supper. Now don't get scared that I've lost my undomestic goddess title.... but I did bake salmon. An actual recipe! We aren't huge salmon fans here but it was fine. And it was fish on a Friday, so we accomplished that.

After supper, we realized none of us had anything going on. How unusual. And there were no basketball games on TV that had to be watched. So we made our own fun and turned it into a family game night.

First we played Trivial Pursuit, which is challenging even for us grownups. Carter was a good sport about it and we tried to help him. Daddy kicked butt. I don't know why he doesn't like games when he does so well. When he plays against me anyway.

After that we played 5-Second Rule, where you have to name 3 things in 5 seconds to earn a point. Some were easy like naming 3 vegetables or hotel chains. Some were tough (I couldn't name 3 mattress manufacturers) and some we just got a mind block. I couldn't think of 3 characters from SpongeBob of all things! It was fun, though. And I can say that since Jim and I tied for the win... and Carter was only a few points behind.

That wrapped up a few minutes ago since I was yawning and Carter thought he should probably try to get back on his "school" sleeping schedule. Fine with me. I need to get to bed and start Book #2 of the Hunger Games trilogy.

That's my kind of fun, too!

No comments: