Saturday, March 31, 2012

Out Like a Lamb

Since we did not win the Mega Millions jackpot last night, it was business as usual today.

A neighbor took Carter out to breakfast so I could have slept in... If only I hadn't awakened at 6:30! Couldn't fall back to sleep so I was dragging a bit today. Got my chores done, went for a 3-mile run in the chilly gloom and then, after a shower, found my spot on the couch.

Carter and Jim were at the batting cage so I found myself flipping back and forth between two movies I hadn't seen in ages -- Pretty Woman and The Firm. Sure, I had lots of things I should have been doing, but it was a dreary last day of March (still a lamb, not a lion) and a good to day to lay low on the couch.

In fact, after those movies were done, hubby sat down to read The Hunger Games (I talked him into it) and I said, "I think I'll just lay on the couch and shut the TV off." I don't recall falling asleep but I must have because it was 90 minutes later when I looked at the clock and figured I better get up!

Honestly, I needed the nap so I would be rested and fired up for a date night. Sort of.

We went to a surprise 40th birthday party for a friend and he was surprised! Those don't always work but this time it did. Had a fun evening visiting ... and keeping an eye on the basketball games, of course.

After some recalculating, it appears I had better odds of winning the Mega Millions than I do of winning our NCAA pool at work. So we're pulling for Carter's bracket. He was in 3rd place going into the weekend, but he has Kansas beating Kentucky in the final. That could be huge for him. I know he stayed up to watch the game but somehow we gotta work this in to an April Fool's joke tomorrow.

We'll sleep on it and figure something out. Trust me.

No comments: